Monday 22 July 2013

I am back!

Okay....I have not blogged in a while.  A two month while.  At the end of the year I find myself just needing some time to recharge my batteries.  After graduation (my students graduate on to high school) I stop.  I literally stop everything. I refuse to think about school and the next year.  I know that some teachers are able to and I applaud you. I need to give my brain a mental break. 

This is what I believe gives me the energy to truly develop some of my great ideas. Allowing myself a time to check out of education, teaching and to focus on my personal life.  I give myself permission to read novels that do not challenge me at all (you know the pool side romance ones that may or may not involve a vampire). I truly have enjoyed my break.  

I still have weeks before school begins and today I woke up with a mission.  I finally feel ready to think about the next coming year.  Here is my list of goals for the next year.

1.  Spend more time with each student individual or in small groups as readers.  
2.  More hands on math activities.  
3.  Develop more classroom team building activities.
4.  Take a focus on self esteem and character building.

I have the lucky opportunity to be teaching some students I have taught before so some of this list is inspired by teaching them in the past.  I also have the added unique position that some of the students in my room I am teaching for a third time.  Third!  This mean I need to find new read alouds to keep them engaged and entertained. 

Here we go to planning the next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...