Monday 18 March 2013

Interactive math notebooks

Geometry

I have been using interactive math notebooks this year in my classroom. The students are enjoying the hands on math. I have been hesitant to write about it as I have seen so many amzaing ideas that it was a little intimidating to share. 

Lines and Angles

Geometry is full of vocabulary.  This year I started slow and reviewed right from the start. The students used stickers to create the dots and arrow heads.  This booklet is now glued in their math notebooks and they use it frequently for the vocabulary.

The pictures are right now turned...I know. I will retake them and upload them again. 

Inside the flaps are the definitions in their own words of what that vocabulary image is. The squares and lesson idea is modified from another blog.  Thank you to http://tothesquareinch.wordpress.com/ for posting the files for me to adapt.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...