Monday 2 June 2014

It's June!

It's June!

Help! I need a lesson idea that can be a period...a couple of periods....a day?

What do I do with the students?

This question always comes up this time of year.Trying to get report cards in, kids have spring fever and somehow in the midst of all of this we are suppose to get other work done.  ha ha.

Teens can be especially difficult to motivate at this time of year.  I decided to tweak an activity that I have done around Christmas time for the end of the year.  Students enjoy doing it as they have a chance to let their own creativity shine through. 

This is a media literacy activity that you can put as little or as much time in as you feel you need or based on the interests of the students.

Students try and help the Sandy Sisters sell their beach toys to teenagers in Canada and the United States. They have a chance to come up with the toys, the logo, slogan/jingle etc.  With the beach theme it is perfect for the end of the year with students thinking about summer anyway.  Anyway I hope you enjoy it. There is currently a classroom trying it out now!  

I can't wait to see the pictures. I will post them for you to see too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...