Thursday 5 June 2014

What DRIVES gritty students?

What DRIVES gritty students?
After watching Angela Lee Duckworth's TED talk I keep thinking that thought.  If you haven't watched it, here it is:




I love her honesty at 4:30 when she says "she doesn't know" how to have students have more GRIT.
Perhaps Growth Mindset?  




I honestly can not answer what Drives a gritty student? What motivates them?  This leads me to an exciting book club starting this summer from @ClassCollect.

I am not sure if this book will help me understand what motivates GRITTY students but I am excited to read a bit more about what motivates us. (Maybe this will help with the laundry?) Will this support the concept of "Genius Hour" which I have done in class.  Come join if you are interested! The book club discussions are via twitter which is also perfect because I can tweet even on VAY Kay!

Come join if you are as interested as me!
Click here to sign up! (On the google form at bottom of page)

The Summer Book Chat book has been decided! It is Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink. Sign up here (http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2014/04/a-great-poster-on-6-questions-critical.html) and buy your book! Details about the book club coming soon.
Looking for fun PD to do this summer? Join 's Summer Book Club.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...