Day 10 Countdown
Five random facts about myself:
1. I enjoy taking a a good sniff of the fresh opened pencil box, chip bag and a library book.
2. I try and walk 2k a day.
3. I am usually bare foot. Who needs socks?
4. I have a sweet tooth: Cookies have a short life expectancy near me.
5. I binge on Pinterest. It is a cyclical relationship. I get bored then I am fascinated.
Four things from my bucket list:
1. Travel to Europe
2. Learn to play an instrument well.
3. Attend a Broadway musical
4. I would like to see where my grandmother was born
5. I would like to get another tattoo that represent my three children. (undecided yet what that will be)
Three things that I hope for this year:
1. I hope to use more technology effectively.
2. I hope I make it through the first day of my son going to day care with out crying.
3. I hope to be able to feel at home in my current school. We have had a division change while I have not been in my classroom and I hope we connect.
Two things that have made me laugh or cry as an educator:
1. I laugh a lot. I seem to get the tween humour so being with the students every day results in some laughter.
2. I have cried over situations I have seen students in. I sometimes want to yell at parents, adopt children from my school and provide a better home. LIFE is not fair and I see it time and time again. I like to believe that every parent loves their child. Their child is the most precious person in the world to them.
That is not a reality for some.
It is not all rainbow and sunshine for many students.
One thing I wish more people knew about me:
I care more about you then you know or that I show at times.