Friday 20 June 2014

GPS

GPS
What are your five words?
I am participating in @TechNijaTodd 's summer PD #summerLS (sign up here).  This morning I read the challenge for week three and was wowed!

I really am enjoying building my PLN and my own professional development.  For the first time in a long time I feel inspired and challenged with PD.

This mornings challenge contained a link to this video:


How do I want students to describe their time in my class?

My five words are:

1. Humorous
2.Engaging
3.Welcoming
4.Adventurous
5. Inspirational

That is what I would want them to say about the time in my class.  I started thinking...what would the students say? Not at the end of the year, but at the beginning? What would they like the destination to be in their GPS?

I am going to start my year off asking students that.  What five words would they use to describe what they WANT the classroom to be like? I think I might even take it a step farther and ask them five hashtags to describe what they want the classroom to be like.  I am sure there will be some interesting responses!

I created the back to school activity now.  If I don't do it now I will forget come the start of the new year.


 It is free if you would like a copy for yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...